Monday, October 19, 2015

Recombinant

Recombinant
Book 1 of the Blood Borne Series
Shannon Mayer & Denise Grover Swank
Bookgasums
Don’t be a nincompoop and pass up this book.
This is the first book in the new collaborated series Blood Borne.  I was unsure how the book would be; even though I love both of the authors other works.  I just didn’t know how two people could each write parts and then have all the parts work together seamlessly.  I am glad to say the authors did a fabulous job of creating a full and rich story.
The book started out as more of a regular crime novel with a man looking into the front window of a Victoria’s Secret within a mall.  Yes, the first chapter was about vampires but it still seemed so ordinary and common, not what I would expect from a paranormal story. This is not a bad thing; it was just not what I had expected.
Each chapter is from one of the two main characters point of view.  I am not a fan of this style as it makes the reading choppy which in turn makes it harder for me to get drawn into the story and the characters world.  There were a few spelling and/or word usage errors in the first two chapters that also made my reading flow stumble.
It was great finding and reading a book with not one but two strong female leads.  The characters were well fleshed out making me want to find out more about them.  What happened in Iraq?  How were the hunters trained and by whom?  There is a lot more to learn about each of the ladies and I cannot wait to find out more.
I did receive an ARC for a honest review. 

http://www.amazon.com/Recombinant-Blood-Borne-Book-1-ebook/dp/B01419N72S/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1445258320&sr=1-1&keywords=recombinant

No comments:

Post a Comment